Wednesday, August 15, 2012

the launch


After a few days of ferry rides, hikes, swims in the lake and more-than-I-could-ever-need S'mores-roasting, it's an interesting feeling being back amongst the comforts of home.  I am now caught in the no-man's-land between vacation and the official launch.  Three more days until the big move, and I find myself caught up in the moment.  I am soaking up every minute of family time, reveling in every hug (they seem bigger, more meaningful these days), and bracing myself for the random moments of holy-crap-I'll-miss-this-place (and these beautiful, hilarious people) emotion.

I've worked my last day, had my last therapy session (after 2 and a half beautiful, tearful years), and laughed and cried my way through our last (for now) full-family dinner, with both parents, all three siblings and significant others (a true feat for our once fragmented family o' divorce).

It takes me by surprise every time I think about it.  In three very short days, I take the big leap into the unknown.  I am launched, with the few, meaningful belongings and words of wisdom that I have collected, into the mystery.  There is so much to do, so much to soak in, so much that I want to hold in and so much that I am excited to experience.  I am lacking the words to capture it all.

Risk is frightening.  But I am reminded to be brave and to trust my intuition, remembering the depths of support found in those who love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment