Saturday, August 18, 2012

lessons along the way

After four tearful goodbyes, moving day finally arrived.  Now it's just me, my honey, my dad, two cats and more junk than I thought I would ever accumulate crammed into my good ol' Camry (known as Bumblebee to friends) and a Budget truck.  Thoughts abound, but I'm not quite sure how to make sense of them right now.  So, while those percolate, I thought I would share with you the top ten things that I have learned so far... in the 10 hours of driving from Redmond to Boise, ID.

Things I have learned... in no particular order:

1.  My '93 Toyota Camry doesn't have the A.C. I once thought it did, and once you get out of Western Washington it gets HOT.

2.  Cats hate when it's HOT... and hiss when they are about to start panting. (What?!?!)

3.  One surefire way to make the time go faster? Comedy sketches on iTunes. 

4.  USB powered fans... while theoretically genius... suck.  Not even a light breeze.

5.  After about 8 hours in a car, I get super sleepy and the only cure is Northwest Hip Hop.

6.  The only way to celebrate surviving the first day? Parmesan Garlic wings from the one and only Buffalo Wild Wings.  (Introduced my dad to the magic of Bee-dubs.  You're welcome, Mayme)

7.  Never let a wet feline into a litterbox (which leads us to number 8)

8. It sucks to give an emotional, overheated cat a bath (though the pain is less when you have a trustworthy honey by your side)

9.  Cats can climb your skin... and it hurts.

10.  Having your best friend by your side makes everything better.

Feeling grateful, exhausted, and loved.

* k *

No comments:

Post a Comment