Friday, February 1, 2013

sick-day secrets


Photo Credit: P. McCarthy, 2013

What with working with a half-dozen families, spending hours upon hours in a muggy office with flu-ridden co-workers, and babysitting two very sick kids for the week, it's no wonder that, yet again, I have come down with a bug.  I've felt my body fight valiantly over the past few days, but... alas... it's a weekend of rest and hydrating liquids for me.  As my mind succumbs to the foggy power of my last dose of NyQuil, I thought that I would leave you with some weekend inspiration!  May your weekend be blessed with warmth, love and health!

This blog is like crack for the art lover.

I need a vacation like this.

Did you need another reason not to eat these things?



What would you do if money was no object?

xx

P.S. After months of wavering back and forth, we finally bought a blender!  What's your favorite healthy smoothie recipe?!  The best recipe will be featured in an upcoming post!



2 comments:

  1. Hurray for a new blender! What type did you buy? A blender and a Keurig, are first on our list of new purchases for the apartment! Love this smoothie sharing thing :) Here is my favorite breakfast smoothie. I love it so much I could drink it three times per day. Also, I don't really measure, so these numbers are simply estimates. I usually just throw whatever I have into the blender and it turns out pretty yummy.

    1.5 cups Vanilla Coconut Milk (SoDelicious brand is seriously so delicious :)
    1 cup frozen raspberries
    A handful of spinach
    1 tablespoon ground flax
    1/2-1 banana
    1-2 Tablespoons of PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter (depending on how much you like peanut butter. I usually had two heaping tablespoons because I am a peanut butter addict.)

    It's my favorite smoothie because it is delicious, filling, and packed with nutrients!

    Also, a word of advice. Try astragalus. Angie and I started taking it last year, and (knock on wood) haven't been sick since. It is a miracle worker.

    Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sounds AMAZING! I'll have to pick up the ingredients this week!

      Thanks, lovely girl!

      xo

      Delete