Friday, December 14, 2012

for a day with no words.

To my beautiful friends:

To be completely, brutally, authentically and vulnerably honest,
today I don't have words.

I wrote a post, deleted it.
All because nothing quite right can be said.

My most healing thoughts, prayers and love go out to
the victims, big, small and in-between, of today's shooting.
And to all of us, who live in a culture where fear,
sadness, isolation, self-protection and hatred
have created a generation of trauma.

Today, I am working hard to sit in a place of gratitude,
peace and compassion.

Each night, at dinner, my honey and I spend a moment
speaking gratitude to one another.
Today, I am grateful for more than I could possibly
begin to explain.

May the little anxieties fall away
and make room for appreciation,
love, joy, hope and healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment